Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login with your gamertag

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages123>»
Hohbes
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:28:54 AM(UTC)
Hohbes

Groups: Moderator, Administrators, Registered

This competition is now closed! Click here to find out who won...

Greetings Chicken Chasers!

Following team Fable Anniversary's attendance at this year's E3 conference, we've been inundated with questions, feedback and requests. One such request has been 'GIVE US SOME OF THE AWESOME FABLE BADGES YOU WERE GIVING AWAY AT E3. Please'.

In case you missed them, these are the badges everyone's talking about:

Those who've been asking for the badges will be very excited to learn that we've heard your cries and we're giving away an entire batch (that's 29 badges in total!!) to a lucky Chicken Chaser!

What do you have to do to win? Simple! come up with the funniest, most creative caption in no more than 140 characters for the following photograph of our E3 mascot and all round stand up chap, Cuddly Jack of Blades:

As with any good contest, here are the basic rules:

• All entries must be posted on this forum thread before 11:59PM BST (GMT +1) on Friday 28th June 2013
  • Only one entry will be counted per person - so think carefully before you post it!
  • Keep it snappy! Entries must be no longer than 140 characters
  • Winners will be decided by Lionhead and announced next week!

For a glorious list of detailed terms & conditions, please see the post below.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by user Monday, July 1, 2013 1:53:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

• Hohbes
    #2 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:35:04 AM(UTC)
    Hohbes

Groups: Moderator, Administrators, Registered

FABLE ANNIVERSARY CAPTION CONTEST

COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES:

These are the official rules that govern how the Fable Anniversary Caption Contest will operate (the “Contest”).

In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of this Contest. “You” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.

Governing Law: This Contest is hosted in the United States, and entry information is collected on computers in the United States. This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Contest. If you do not agree with this provision and these Official Rules, please do not enter this Contest.

CONTEST DESCRIPTION:

This is a skill-based Contest. The object of this Contest is to determine the funniest and most imaginative photograph caption.

WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?

This Contest starts at 12:01 BST (GMT +1) on 24/06/2013, and ends at 11:59 p.m. BST on 28/06/2013. (“Entry Period”).

Please visit http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ or other world time database to determine local time.

CAN I ENTER?

You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time entry:

• You are a registered member in good standing on http://forum.Lionhead.com/ and you are 14 years of age or older; and

• You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria. (U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore residents of these countries / regions are not eligible to participate).

• You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and

• You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and

• You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.

This Contest is void within the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.

HOW DO I ENTER?

To enter Log into the Lionhead Studios Contest forum at http://forum.lionhead.com/yaf_postst437_Fable-Anniversary-Caption-Contest.aspx and post a comment on the thread with your best caption for a photo of Jack of Blades at E3. The caption you submit will be your Entry. All Entries are must meet the following Entry Criteria:

• Must be 140 characters or less
    • Must be your own original work and not infringing on any 3rd party rights
    • Must be in English, or accompanied by English subtitles or script for English speaking judges
    • Cannot have been submitted in any other prize promotion or featured on a public website
    • Must comply with all Terms of Use of any website site where an Entry is posted.
    • Cannot contain, as determined by Sponsor, content that is sexually explicit, violent, and derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, which violates any law, or which communicates a message inconsistent with the positive good will to which we wish to associate.

By entering the Contest and/or submitting an Entry, you hereby grant Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual, sub-licensable and transferable license of all rights to use, edit, modify, include, incorporate, adapt, record, publicly perform, display, transmit and reproduce such Entry for any purpose including editorial, advertising, publicity, promotion, marketing, trade and/or other commercial purpose, in any and all media now known or hereafter created, including, without limitation, print, television, and online via any website, third party distribution channels or otherwise, without your prior approval and for no compensation. In addition, you waive any so-called “moral rights” in and to your Entry, to the extent permitted by applicable law. By entering you further agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Sponsors and its designees to make use of the rights you granted.

Limit one Entry per person and Lionhead Studios forum account. We are not responsible for indecipherable Entries or Entries we do not receive for any reason.

We will automatically disqualify:

• Any incomplete or illegible Entry or Entries not meeting the Entry Criteria; and
    • Any Entries received in excess of the entry limit

WINNER SELECTION / PRIZES

At the close of the Entry Period all eligible Entries will be reviewed and one winner will be selected based on the following criteria, each to be weighted equally:

• Humor
    • Originality
    The winner will receive a pack of 29 Fable related pin badges.

The decisions of the judges are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address listed in your Lionhead Studio Forum profile within seven (7) days following completion of judging. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to a runner-up winner.

If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the Lionhead Studio forum account used to enter the Contest. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select a runner-up.

If you are confirmed as a winner of this Contest:

• You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and

• You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we may award it to a runner up; and

• If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and

• If you are otherwise eligible for this Contest, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and

• Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.

We will only award one prize per person.

WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS AM I AGREEING TO BY ENTERING?

By entering this Contest you agree:

• To abide by these Official Rules; and

• To release and hold harmless Microsoft and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest, or any prize won; and

• That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and

• That, by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.

WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CONTEST CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?

If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.

If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Contest, so please play fairly.

HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO WON?

The winner will be announced on Lionhead.com on or around 01/07/2013

WHO IS SPONSORING THIS CONTEST?

Lioinhead Studios, a Microsoft company
    One Microsoft Way
    Redmond, WA 98052

Edited by user Monday, June 24, 2013 10:59:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Brennn10
    #3 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:01:12 PM(UTC)
    Brennn10

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeks

Groups: Registered (Sparrow), Registered

The Jack of Raids.
    ninjaEMO322
    #4 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:09:19 PM(UTC)
    ninjaEMO322

Groups: Registered

When they said getting me back to the Void would be a long shot, I didn't think the meant like this.
    sarpisk
    #5 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:10:18 PM(UTC)
    sarpisk

Chicken chaser? More like chicken launcher!
    VolcanicErect
    #6 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:11:52 PM(UTC)
    VolcanicErect

"Hero, are you having trouble hitting things?.... Wait! No! Nevermind, I take it back!"
    Jukebox345
    #7 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:14:18 PM(UTC)
    Jukebox345

Wait, wha- Where am I? That's the last time I go out with those lads from the Chapel of Skorm!
    Bobclairejones
    #8 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:14:58 PM(UTC)
    Bobclairejones

"Well if I can't be a Dragon this will have to do!"
    "You are now a killer, y'know"
    Sigoyenerblod
    #9 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:16:46 PM(UTC)
    Sigoyenerblod

Man, I miss those cullis gates.
    Reeonz
    #10 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:19:00 PM(UTC)
    Reeonz

"No that isn't a gun in my pants, They don't call me cuddly Jack of Blades for nothing!"
    Zombirate
    #11 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:19:04 PM(UTC)
    Zombirate

"The Hollow Legion will never see THIS coming!"
    Xethizanar
    #12 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:19:54 PM(UTC)
    Xethizanar

"I will return. After an eternity away from you all, Jack of Blades will be back!"
    Temperist
    #13 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:28:17 PM(UTC)
    Temperist

-Spoken in Reavers voice- The new Bombardment Transportational Device, for only the bravest souls... with the hardest heads
    TerreneOrange3
    #14 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:29:59 PM(UTC)
    TerreneOrange3

"I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THAT IDIOT TO ORCHARD FARM!"
    Naths a pirate
    #15 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:34:55 PM(UTC)
    Naths a pirate

I don't even know Howitza all even happening...
    EI Paulo
    #16 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:39:41 PM(UTC)
    EI Paulo

This better not be part of the canon story.
    The Epitome of Fabulosity
    SlinkSix2064
    #17 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:45:18 PM(UTC)
    SlinkSix2064

Why are you drinking water when you should be firing this canon so I can take over albion and the world?!?!
    WoodHD
    #18 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:45:40 PM(UTC)
    WoodHD

These heroes are coming up with the most bizarre ideas on how to get rid of me!
    RagdollHero
    #19 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:48:20 PM(UTC)
    RagdollHero

Hey, I don't think this event is canon, but it sure is a blast!
    Ooiman
    #20 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 12:55:27 PM(UTC)
    Ooiman

Please guys, don’t do this to me! I was only joking when I said that I don’t care about the PC…
    Check the Guild for more quests...