Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login with your gamertag

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Hohbes
#1 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2014 12:29:43 PM(UTC)
Hohbes

Groups: Moderator, Administrators, Registered

Update: an update which should improve stability has now been launched. See this thread for further info!

Hello Chicken Chasers!

First of all - thanks very much to everyone who's reported bugs so far in the Bug Reporting Template thread. The info you've provided has been hugely helpful for the team as they investigate.

Our number one priority at the moment is to make sure the stability issues you are experiencing are fixed. We've been working hard over the past few days to track down and identify the issues which cause your games to freeze/lock up (we know how annoying that is).

We've identified some potential stability issues that may be the cause of your lockups/freezes, and there will be another title update to patch the game and hopefully fix those. Of course, the process of creating a title update isn't instantaneous and we want to be very careful not to cause any further issues by rolling out such an update, therefore thorough testing is necessary before push anything out publicly. There's no current ETA on when this title update will be available, however I will endeavour to get updates for you as regularly as possible in this thread, and as soon as I can give a time frame I will be sure to let you know.

The focus currently is on fixing stability issues - but rest assured we are keeping a close eye on all other reported issues and we'll aim to fix as many of those as we can too.

Once again thanks so much for all your input/feedback - it's genuinely incredible to see so many sensible, level headed people here on the forums.

Cheers,
Hohbes

Edited by user Friday, February 21, 2014 10:29:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kradsk
#2 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2014 12:36:17 PM(UTC)
Kradsk

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the info Hobbes! It's fantastic to see Lionhead responding to these issues so quickly.
Fable II Pub Games - 200/200, Fable II - 1350/1350, Fable Coin Golf - 200/200, Fable Heroes - 400/400
BackedTax08
#3 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2014 8:12:27 PM(UTC)
BackedTax08

i encountered problem after i married lady grey my guild seal (fast travel device) stopped working along with the every other portal that allowed you to fast travel
flclafi
#4 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2014 10:55:36 PM(UTC)
flclafi

Great, I hope this will fix the freezing issues once it's released.
MrMatthewAllen
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 2:28:12 AM(UTC)
MrMatthewAllen

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksHero: Awarded for being a Fable Community Hero!

Groups: Oracle, Registered (Sparrow), Registered

Originally Posted by: Hohbes Go to Quoted Post

Once again thanks so much for all your input/feedback - it's genuinely incredible to see so many sensible, level headed people here on the forums.

Agreed! Also, cheers for the update Hohbes. Always nice to see a communicative development team!
VietStreetWalkr
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 5:54:54 AM(UTC)
VietStreetWalkr

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeks

Groups: Registered (Sparrow), Registered

I just wanted to chime in real fast, I've put a bit over 4 hours in Fable Anniversary and just had my first freeze outside of the grey house (under the vacant horse stable) and one other instance where I recalled to the Rose Cottage from Bowerstone south where the camera was in first-person and was levitating off the ground a bit, thankfully I teleported again and it fixed the bug.

Other than that I have had no other problems and have enjoyed the game so far, I'm just hoping that it doesn't get worse.
VietStreetWalkr
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 7:53:04 AM(UTC)
VietStreetWalkr

Ugh, my bad. For some reason my post wasn't submitting so I did another and after posting it I noticed my prior post somehow was submitted without my knowledge, it makes no sense.

Edited by user Saturday, February 8, 2014 7:55:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

WolvesNeverDie
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 3:53:24 PM(UTC)
WolvesNeverDie

After buying and playing Fallout New Vegas at launch I can tell you there is no way your game can have more bugs than that one, so rest easy, but that said get cracking on that patch cause I'm sure some people are finding the game unplayable. I personally have been running near bug free so far, the only bugs I've noticed are small once you can wiggle your way out of. Like for example my controller died while playing, so I swapped the battery and turned it on and I could interact with the games UI like holding in right or left to cycle spells and expressions but my character was frozen in place along with all NPCs, I fixed the issue by pulling up the guide button than closing it. I think somehow the game thought I had the guide button pulled up so it froze the game yet still let me fiddle with the UI.
Le petit Hulk
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 8, 2014 5:47:06 PM(UTC)
Le petit Hulk

courage Lionhead!
I hope the patch arrives as quickly as possible, because my game freeze regularly.

Fight work guys ;-) !
TheNinjaNipples
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 12:54:24 AM(UTC)
TheNinjaNipples

Originally Posted by: VietStreetWalkr Go to Quoted Post
one other instance where I recalled to the Rose Cottage from Bowerstone south where the camera was in first-person and was levitating off the ground a bit, thankfully I teleported again and it fixed the bug.

Just thought I would say I had a similar problem at Rose Cottage, but it was after I successfully opened the Demon Door located there. However, once I managed to enter the Door (easier said than done, given the camera angle), it was fixed instantly. Also, similar to many other people, I had the game completely freeze whilst entering the Greatwood region, though again, this has only happened once.

Other than that, everything has been working perfectly (except the occasional laggy menu opening, but who cares really?), and it's been a blast reliving the Albion of old. Good luck with the patch, guys.

Edited by user Sunday, February 9, 2014 12:55:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OriginalFurie
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 4:38:34 AM(UTC)
OriginalFurie

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksHero: Awarded for being a Fable Community Hero!Raconteur: Awarded for creative writing excellence

Cheers for the update Hohbes.
Mahac0
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 7:47:13 AM(UTC)
Mahac0

I've the same issue with the running problem it is almost not playable, I wait for the update and hope it will fix my problem, I saw others having this problem too so I don't think I need too explain, i've tried multiple controllers, installed on hard disk and different settings.

Br,
Mahaco.
Major Iris
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 8:39:17 AM(UTC)
Major Iris

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksHero: Awarded for being a Fable Community Hero!

Thanks Hohbes for the alert. :)
I'm an Official LionHead Oracle - find out more here.

Moderator on Steam's Fable Anniversary forum.

(Xbox Enforcement United Team Member) (Head of Ignite Dragon Studio)

ImGoinToWalmart
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 8:53:13 AM(UTC)
ImGoinToWalmart

Hello Lionhead Studios!

Thank you kindly for finally deciding to make an HD Remake of quite honestly my favorite game.

The only thing I ask is.... FIX THOSE SCREEN TEARING EYESORES!

There was never any screen tearing or weird slowdown in the first game? And as I heard the only thing that was majorly changed in the HD Remake was the graphics and the menus and a few small things and most of the mechanics are the same. Though a little choppy I never experienced screen tearing on the Fable for the original xbox. Why is there so much slow down and screen tearing now? Honestly thats all I see as the disappointment in this game. It looks beautiful if you just stand in one place but the minute you run its all crazy. Maybe switch up some of the graphic settings in one of the updates so that the xbox360 can handle it better? Or for that matter just make a PC port! Then people could set everything to max (depending on the hardware they have in there pc that is) and really see the glorious graphical changes you guys made.

Thank you,

A die hard fan
Wait what? They didn't make Fable Anniversary for PC too? What was Lionhead Studios smoking that day?
IXxI Duffy IxXI
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 4:50:56 PM(UTC)
IXxI Duffy IxXI

Originally Posted by: ImGoinToWalmart Go to Quoted Post
Hello Lionhead Studios!
The only thing I ask is.... FIX THOSE SCREEN TEARING EYESORES!

+1

Tearing/framerate/small freeze/... issue, is really annoying.
I do not play because of this, (I'm more a PC player, this kind of thing makes me crazy Frown ).
Since the update this problem is worse (not sure, I feel).

I hope you will be nice with your programmers because i guess they are doing what they can in the time allotted.

So take your time if it's needed but please fix this issue.

Thanks.

Xbox360 Elite, game on demand version, cache cleared and no problem with other games on demand.
LJayCoolade
#16 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 5:26:47 PM(UTC)
LJayCoolade

Thanks for the Update look forward to seeing the outcome. Great game can see alot of hard work has been put into the game to bring back the greatest game of all :)
vignoe1
#17 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 9:38:12 PM(UTC)
vignoe1

hope it is soon. I want to play but don't want to deal with the freezing anymore.
Chat187
#18 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 1:28:10 AM(UTC)
Chat187

Thank Avo!Grin I am so glad and I cannot thank you enough because fable tlc was probably the best games I had ever played. And fable Anniversary met almost all of my expectations except for the crashing and dlc issue. The dlc issue which I don't know if you have heard about cost me some extra cash the problem is that I had bought the day one edition dlc, the villains pack(love jack of blades couldn't resist getting his mask and outfit would have been awesome.), the hero pack, and the armored pack. But when I went to the shops it had told me to go to in-game I didn't see any of the items for sale not even jack's outfit in bower stone northCry. I'm not sure if its just my copy of the game but I do know that other players have experienced this, if you can please look into this that would be awesome thanks!Cool
BOY FROM HeLL n
#19 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:08:37 AM(UTC)
BOY FROM HeLL n

I am having freezing issues all the way from the guild to bowerstone, oakvale, the marches, basically everywhere. It only freezes when I interact with travelers, merchants, and anyone else highlighted green. Then there are some major facial glitches with a lot of the villagers and especially the farmer in orchard farm. One question, what did you guys do to the hero's face? It looks so messed up. My guy looks 90 and he is only 27. His hair has been grey from the start of the game when he was a kid.
Korandas
#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 5:11:28 AM(UTC)
Korandas

I'm glad you guys are addressing this so quickly. I'm two hours into the game and I've already had two game crashes that completely froze the game. On top of that, my camera has been very jittery since the game started. It's behaving like it's being controlled by a drunkard, having a seizure, floating on a dingy in the middle of the ocean during a hurricane. Tonight was my second attempt at playing and I've already decided to put this game aside for a long time. The glitches have only tarnished my fond memories of the original Fable. I hope you are able to get these problems fixed soon as I would love to return to Albion again and enjoy it in HD.