Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login with your gamertag

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages123>»
Hohbes
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:21:22 PM(UTC)
Hohbes

If you’ve been following the progress of Fable Anniversary’s development, you’ll already know that the game will be launched in February 2014. The question of when exactly in February hasn’t yet been answered, until now…

Those desperate to get their hands on Fable Anniversary as early as possible will be pleased to hear that it will hit the shelves on the 4th February 2014 in North America, the 6th February in Asia and the 7th February in Europe! Check with your local retailer for details.

But that’s not all. Are you looking for yet another reason to grab Fable Anniversary the second it hits the high street? Then look no further - we’re excited to reveal that all first edition copies of Fable Anniversary will include the following additional bonus content which you won’t want to miss!

Contained within each limited-run box you’ll find a 5x5 code for the Launch Day Outfits & Weapons Pack which will all be packaged up in a shiny, slip-on embossed case. Ooooo! We thought to ourselves; what famous Fable characters would our fans like to dress up as on day one? The answer was simple… for the first time ever, your Hero can now dress up as Scythe!

• Scythe’s Outfit
• Black Graduate Outfit
• Red Prophet Outfit
• Blue Guard Outfit
• Red Guard Outfit
• Lute Weapon
• Will User’s Sceptre Weapon

And if that’s not enough, we’ve also included a very special Avatar item for all our loyal Lionhead fans which we hope you’ll wear with pride!

10th Anniversary Lion’s - Head Avatar Helmet

If you’ve already pre-ordered, you’re good to go. If not, act fast as supplies for the above are limited to the initial print run of the game and we don’t want any disappointed faces.

Now what kind of bonus announcement would this be without stuff you can have now? Well, to celebrate our reveal we thought it’s only fair that the fun doesn’t end there and you deserve some added visual delights for immediate consumption. For those who can’t quite think back to the time they first explored Albion, and our newbies looking to get up to speed with what’s changed; we’ve got it covered with some exclusive comparison shots below.

Still not enough? How about updating your desktop wallpaper with one of these stunning fresco themes which are available to download now at no additional charge.

We hope this has made your pre-launch excitement even more exciting. We cannot wait to share the game with you in February.

Until then. Sit back and enjoy our newest nostalgic collection made especially for you…

FAQ

Q: Will the game be available on Games on Demand?
A: Yes indeed!

Q: Will we be able to get hold of the bonus content if we buy on Games on Demand?
A: We'd love to offer this - we can't confirm anything just yet but stay tuned

Q: Where can I buy the game from?
A: You should be able to find a copy in most good games stores!

Q: Will I get the bonus items regardless of where I buy it from?
A: Absolutely - every copy of the game purchased at launch will have the bonus content included, regardless of where you buy it from.

Q: Why is the game being released in the US first?!
A: Typically the US use a Tuesday to launch new games, whereas in the UK it's always been a Friday. That's why Fable Anniversary is launching a few days

Edited by user Wednesday, July 2, 2014 11:57:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dark Knight23Q
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:20:08 PM(UTC)
Dark Knight23Q

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeks

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS! THANK YOU!! Grin Clap Clap
Warlegend17
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:35:35 PM(UTC)
Warlegend17

I am so excited for this! And its not that far away ^^
Dark Knight23Q
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:44:16 PM(UTC)
Dark Knight23Q

im pretty sure they fixed his face Point
IRB
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 3:21:26 PM(UTC)
IRB

Excellent news!

Will this be restricted to specific retailers (e.g. GAME) or can I pre-order from anywhere?
IRB
VivaLaJam26
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 3:24:47 PM(UTC)
VivaLaJam26

So stoked for this game. Looking forward to this remake more than most of the new game announced for next gen.
Oscar Poe
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:26:17 PM(UTC)
Oscar Poe

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksHero: Awarded for being a Fable Community Hero!

yes, yes yeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!! im sooooooo gonna get this!!!!!!!
IT'S JUST A FLESH WOUND!!!
OriginalFurie
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:35:28 PM(UTC)
OriginalFurie

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksHero: Awarded for being a Fable Community Hero!Raconteur: Awarded for creative writing excellence

Okay, here's the thing. I'm looking to get this as a Games on Demand title. Will the bonus items, specifically the Will users sceptre, be available to get separately? I know Lionhead used to be pretty bad about making exclusive items like that, particularly pre-order exclusives, available after release as whoever was marketing didn't hold on to the right to release them later or something. Considering pure Will user weapons are few and far between, it'd be a shame not to release this as a download for the those who want the digital version or who buy it after release.

Also, is there any word on the recommended price yet? I know a few places are still saying anywhere from thirty to fifty quid, so any info would be a great help for people to know where they're being ripped off.

Oh, and is that a new Demon Door next to the Temple of Avo?

Edited by user Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:47:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Devils1023
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:48:45 PM(UTC)
Devils1023

Those are all very good but please do not forget the black plate armor with the mask aswell as the gesture the hero does in this video at 2:13 http://youtu.be/tHWs7j6NJbg?t=2m14s Grin
thegoodnamegone
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:12:55 PM(UTC)
thegoodnamegone

I am foaming from the mouth from Scythe outfit you have no idea how much i wanted my hero to wear that

Originally Posted by: OriginalFurie Go to Quoted Post

Also, is there any word on the recommended price yet? I know a few places are still saying anywhere from thirty to fifty quid, so any info would be a great help for people to know where they're being ripped off.

I think it will be the same price as the halo remake and I think that's stained glass and not a demon door
MrMatthewAllen
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:34:50 PM(UTC)
MrMatthewAllen

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksHero: Awarded for being a Fable Community Hero!

Woo! Very awesome to finally have a date to look forward to now. And big kudos to Lionhead for including all this extra content for the first edition runs of the game. I really like that release model (as opposed to making it retailer specific on pre-orders or what have you). Congrats to the team as well! Know they're working hard in these final two months to get Fable Anniversary polished and perfected. Looking forward to seeing the final product soon!
Monkey1404
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:35:15 PM(UTC)
Monkey1404

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksHalloween 2013: Awarded to participants of the Halloween 2013 competitionPet Stylist: Awarded to the finalists of the 2013 Fable Halloween Competition 'Best Dressed Pet' category

My wish came true, christmas has come early.
IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!

P.S. Does it matter where you pre-order?

There's Plenty More Fish In The Streams!!!
thegoodnamegone
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:53:09 PM(UTC)
thegoodnamegone

Can I ask.... WHY DOES JAPAN GET IT BEFORE THE UK AND WE DO NOT THE COUNTRY THAT ALBION IS BASED ON !? so rage many angers
PhNxTribal
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:03:13 PM(UTC)
PhNxTribal

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksHero: Awarded for being a Fable Community Hero!Raconteur: Awarded for creative writing excellenceRoleplayer!: Awarded to Fable Cosplay/Roleplay/LARP  Heroes

YEEEEEEEES!! GOTTA MARK THE DATE!
Idk
Tammy55
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:00:00 PM(UTC)
Tammy55

Well I was excited but not having a Xbox One release means we won't be getting it.
badgerofdeath
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:36:10 PM(UTC)
badgerofdeath

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksArtist: Awarded for outstanding artistic talent!Halloween 2013: Awarded to participants of the Halloween 2013 competitionMaster Pumpkin Sculpter: Awarded to the winner of the Halloween 2013 Competition: Pumpkin Carving category!Roleplayer!: Awarded to Fable Cosplay/Roleplay/LARP  Heroes

Woooo thanks Lionhead! I know a lot of people have been requesting this kind of thing so that's excellent Grin

I would like to add to the list of people wanting to know where to get the game from. It is different prices all over the place and we all want to make sure we can get first editions.
Interested in Fable Roleplaying? Look at the sticky posts or ask me about it! New players always welcome!
Fata1moose
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:59:17 PM(UTC)
Fata1moose

I'm pretty excited for the release, hope the codes for the bonus items are super limited as Amazon doesn't have the game available for per-order yet.

Originally Posted by: Tammy55 Go to Quoted Post
Well I was excited but not having a Xbox One release means we won't be getting it.

It was always slated as a 360 title, don't know why anyone thought otherwise.
Originally Posted by: OriginalFurie Go to Quoted Post

Looks to be the hill where the Harbinger is.

Edited by user Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:02:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FjJWZ
#18 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:39:10 PM(UTC)
FjJWZ

Originally Posted by: thegoodnamegone Go to Quoted Post
Can I ask.... WHY DOES JAPAN GET IT BEFORE THE UK AND WE DO NOT THE COUNTRY THAT ALBION IS BASED ON !? so rage many angers

Because games in the US launch on Tuesday, in Japan / Australia on Thursday and Europe on Friday. I didn't even check days yet but I'm 99.9% sure it's exactly like this.
Tim
o0Presea0o
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:57:07 PM(UTC)
o0Presea0o

Woke up>Checked the news>Saw Fable Anniversary's Release Date and Bonuses>Ran to GameStop without eating brekafast>Pre-Ordered>Playing the Waiting Game.
You do not know how happy I am to finally get a release date and announcements on any bonuses! I have finals and now I can't even study, haha.
I think the price might be 40$ here, but I am not too sure. Regardless, I am more than willing to pay for it. Cool
thegoodnamegone
#20 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 12:58:30 AM(UTC)
thegoodnamegone

Originally Posted by: FjJWZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: thegoodnamegone Go to Quoted Post

Because games in the US launch on Tuesday, in Japan / Australia on Thursday and Europe on Friday. I didn't even check days yet but I'm 99.9% sure it's exactly like this.

so the reference to doge does not hint sarcasmChicken , I asked this when fable III game out on the old forum and got an answer from lionhead which was they aimed for a EU release first then America however because that would have made fable III come out on the same day as fallout new Vegas so because of business reasons the dates had to be change, so what I am ask now is why can it not happen this time around and here is a second question why is the game coming in February and not September.