Welcome Guest!
To enable all features please
Login with your gamertag

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Hohbes
#1 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 3:42:31 PM(UTC)
Hohbes

We know how much the Legendary weapons play a key part in Fable, so we wanted to give you a close up look of some of the finer details you can find in Fable Anniversary. Behold, a beautiful collection of rare Legendary weapons alongside their predecessor's design.

Arken's Crossbow

Avo's Tear

Orkon's Club

Ronok The Axe

Skorm's Bow

Sword of Aeons

The Avenger

The Bereaver

The Cutlass Bluetane

The Dollmaster's Mace

The Harbinger

The Katana Hiryu

Solus Greatsword

The Murren Greataxe

The Murren Greathammer

Wellow's Pickhammer

Edited by user Monday, November 25, 2013 3:46:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MrMatthewAllen
#2 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 4:19:25 PM(UTC)
MrMatthewAllen

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksHero: Awarded for being a Fable Community Hero!

Really digging the fact that the art team decided to not veer too far away from the original designs. During HD remakes like this there's always a tendency to "over-design" something that's already been designed. Good stuff guys!
Hohbes
#3 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 4:21:16 PM(UTC)
Hohbes

Originally Posted by: MrMatthewAllen Go to Quoted Post
Really digging the fact that the art team decided to not veer too far away from the original designs. During HD remakes like this there's always a tendency to "over-design" something that's already been designed. Good stuff guys!

Cheers MrMatthew - yeah I agree, they've kept as close to the originals as possible which is really nice.
badgerofdeath
#4 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 4:48:10 PM(UTC)
badgerofdeath

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksArtist: Awarded for outstanding artistic talent!Halloween 2013: Awarded to participants of the Halloween 2013 competitionMaster Pumpkin Sculpter: Awarded to the winner of the Halloween 2013 Competition: Pumpkin Carving category!Roleplayer!: Awarded to Fable Cosplay/Roleplay/LARP  Heroes

Awwwwwwwsommmmmmmmmmmmmmme

I never actually got Skorm's Bow, I shall definitely have to this time" I don't remember The Avenger, that's quite a cool looking one. I was looking back to try and pick out a favourite or two but they all simply look too brilliant to choose between them! I just love how sharper and more textured they all are Grin
Interested in Fable Roleplaying? Look at the sticky posts or ask me about it! New players always welcome!
jadis232
#5 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 4:53:58 PM(UTC)
jadis232

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeks

Wow, the weapons look even more amazing then I remember them!

The Solus Greatsword has always been my favorite, and it looks just as sinister/powerful!

Great job Lionhead!
ThunderclapJSL
#6 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 4:57:22 PM(UTC)
ThunderclapJSL

Artist: Awarded for outstanding artistic talent!

Haha! this sort of made all my focus on my fan art topic just wither away :<
Damn you Lionhead for making a cool looking Solus Greatsword! Ah well, I'll still be doing The Bereaver! Dmn it!

On the other hand it's fun to see the differences in design. What i saw in the Blutane Cutlass was a bony handle, you guys seemed to see steel.
Of course you might have had more concept art reference :)

The Avo's Tears was very similar tough and I sort of got exited for a second that it WAS my design.. But it wasn't! *sniff* :')

Great job guys! I'll still be continuing my work~
Fable Ann. Let's Play: Youtube
Twitch
Hohbes
#7 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 5:08:32 PM(UTC)
Hohbes

Originally Posted by: ThunderclapJSL Go to Quoted Post
Haha! this sort of made all my focus on my fan art topic just wither away :<
Damn you Lionhead for making a cool looking Solus Greatsword! Ah well, I'll still be doing The Bereaver! Dmn it!

On the other hand it's fun to see the differences in design. What i saw in the Blutane Cutlass was a bony handle, you guys seemed to see steel.
Of course you might have had more concept art reference :)

The Avo's Tears was very similar tough and I sort of got exited for a second that it WAS my design.. But it wasn't! *sniff* :')

Great job guys! I'll still be continuing my work~

Haha, you know - as I was posting this I thought of you! Honestly, I'd still carry on with your thread, I for one really like the stuff you've been working on and I'd love to see more (as I know others would too).

FjJWZ
#8 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 5:53:36 PM(UTC)
FjJWZ

Just sawthe blog post on this. Great job, every single one of them looks amazing.
Tim
Zackbob17
#9 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 11:47:39 PM(UTC)
Zackbob17

Everything looks nice except for the Sword of Aeons. Why is it a gray steel color now instead of the darker black color?
You just gonna stand there like a lemon?
Fata1moose
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:07:57 AM(UTC)
Fata1moose

Originally Posted by: jadis232 Go to Quoted Post
Wow, the weapons look even more amazing then I remember them!

The Solus Greatsword has always been my favorite, and it looks just as sinister/powerful!

Great job Lionhead!

Definitely part of the glorious Solus Greatsword master race and it looks great. I've always liked the look of the Cutlass Bluetane as well, though it hardly resembles a cutlass. I'll echo what Matthew said, glad that the weapons are true to their original concept.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:31:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ARMAGGEDDONWOLF
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:12:03 AM(UTC)
ARMAGGEDDONWOLF

Originally Posted by: FjJWZ Go to Quoted Post
Just sawthe blog post on this. Great job, every single one of them looks amazing.

Ik its not too late though they can still make it black again that was part of the charm of the blade the balance of black gold and red please make it black again LH
For every choice a consequence so Live life to the fullest
ExcellentGuide
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:48:58 AM(UTC)
ExcellentGuide

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksHero: Awarded for being a Fable Community Hero!Raconteur: Awarded for creative writing excellenceRoleplayer!: Awarded to Fable Cosplay/Roleplay/LARP  Heroes

These are already downloaded to the Wiki. All we need to do now is find a place of honour for them.Clap
Forum Moderator
The future will reveal itself when it is ready to do so.-Theresa

Fable on Facebook / Lionhead Twitter / Lionhead YouTube
FjJWZ
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:11:40 PM(UTC)
FjJWZ

Yeah I noticed, the Sword of Aeons looks like it's polished by someone. I would agree that it might be better to keep it shiny and black, and not steel like this.
Tim
Martyre20
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:51:15 PM(UTC)
Martyre20

Raconteur: Awarded for creative writing excellenceHalloween 2013: Awarded to participants of the Halloween 2013 competition

It's actually one of my favourite designs.
Heavy is Wishmaking Fairy........MAKE WISH!!
Oscar Poe
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:20:28 PM(UTC)
Oscar Poe

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksHero: Awarded for being a Fable Community Hero!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah!!!!!!!!! now that is what ive been waiting for,
the epicness of Fable TLC's weapons all in HD and in one topic!! but there is one weapon missing... The Frying Pan!!!
we need it's desigh as well!!! Grin
IT'S JUST A FLESH WOUND!!!
Raptr569
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:25:17 PM(UTC)
Raptr569

Originally Posted by: Zackbob17 Go to Quoted Post
Everything looks nice except for the Sword of Aeons. Why is it a gray steel color now instead of the darker black color?

Completely agree with this, also the Tear of Avo appears to be missing its golden hue.

Other than that they all look incredible, good jobn Lionhead! Can't wait!
SkipFest
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 4:09:36 PM(UTC)
SkipFest

Holy [censored] , these weapons look absolutely marvelous,
especially the axe of ronok which is my favourite together with the skorms bow

Towards the fable anniversary producers,
i really hope you'll be producing this game for the PC as well, as it is the best game i've ever played honoustly!!!
So i really hope you guys will make fable anniversary for PC
ThunderclapJSL
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:09:09 PM(UTC)
ThunderclapJSL

Artist: Awarded for outstanding artistic talent!

I actually like how the Sword of Aeons is looking, mainly because now it has much better color scheme to catch different light sources. In a cave and such it's still going to be darker and only in broad daylight will it look like that and knowing how most Fable TLC's areas a dark~ish it's a good balance overall to have it a bit lighter.
Fable Ann. Let's Play: Youtube
Twitch
OriginalFurie
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 7:09:24 PM(UTC)
OriginalFurie

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksHero: Awarded for being a Fable Community Hero!Raconteur: Awarded for creative writing excellence

Oh my god, that axe is gorgeous. I think Lady Grey is going to be seeing a few heroic poses and flirts come February.
OriginalFurie
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 7:10:39 PM(UTC)
OriginalFurie

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksHero: Awarded for being a Fable Community Hero!Raconteur: Awarded for creative writing excellence

Actually, that's a point. The legendaries were badly placed in the first iteration of the game, with some of the more powerful ones available well before the weaker ones. Any chance of an option to randomly place them this time?