Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login with your gamertag

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages123>»
Hohbes
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 4:15:19 PM(UTC)
Hohbes

Groups: Moderator, Administrators, Registered

FAQ

Following hot on the heels of the recent Fable Anniversary announcement we thought it'd be mighty proactive to put together a detailed FAQ all about our newly announced title! So, if you had a burning question, have a look here before you post to see whether it's covered. If it's not, feel free to reply to this thread and we'll update the FAQ periodically with new questions.

Update: we held a Twitter Q&A session with Ted Timmins and Craig Oman - you can check out all of the questions and answers in this thread!

Post-Launch Questions

Q: I pre ordered the game, but don't appear to have received pre order bonus content codes. What should I do?

A: First of all, double check that the retailer you purchased from was giving away the bonus content you were expecting. If they were, then get in touch with the retailer to find out where your code is. The packs being given out by retailers will differ from region to region.

Q: I've redeemed my additional content/bonus content pack, where can I go to get it in game?

A: We've compiled a list of all the locations you can purchase the various additional content packs from here.

Q: Why do I have to buy the additional content in game?

A: It's important to remember that the additional content we've added is actual useful equipment with its own stats (it's not purely vanity gear!). Some of these items are in fact really powerful, and to avoid unbalancing the game from an early stage we've located the items at various shops within the game.

Q: I've noticed a bug in the game, can I let you know about it?

A: Of course! While we can't guarantee bugs will be fixed, we'd like to know about them so we can investigate. You can let us know about any issues you encounter in our Bug Reporting Template thread.

Q: Will there be any bonus content for launch day purchases?

A: Yes! There are some really cool goodies up for grabs to those who buy on day 1 - you can find out more here.

Q: Where can I buy the game from?

A: You should be able to find a copy in most good games stores!

Q: Will I get the bonus items regardless of where I buy it from?

A: Absolutely - every copy of the game purchased at launch will have the bonus content included, regardless of where you buy it from.

Q: Why is the game being released in the US first?!

A: Typically the US use a Tuesday to launch new games, whereas in the UK it's always been a Friday. That's why Fable Anniversary is launching a few days earlier in the US than in the UK.

Q: Is the game be available on Games on Demand?

A: Yes indeed! You can grab it here!

Q: I missed out on the pre order bonus content, or launch day bonus content - can I ever get it?

A: We're collector's too and we understand the importance of this question! We'll be making all additional content packs available to purchase later in the year.

General Questions

Q: What is Fable Anniversary?

A: To celebrate nearly ten years since the launch the critically acclaimed Fable, we're bringing a new and enhanced version of the original game to Xbox 360 players. Whether you're a Fable fan old or new, you'll be able to experience the magic of the game that started it all with updated graphics, animations and interfaces!

Q: Can you be more specific about what exactly is being updated?

A: It was important to us that Fable Anniversary isn't just a simple port, we want it to be up there with the best looking games available on Xbox 360. In order to achieve this vision, we have;

• An entirely new lighting system, powered by Unreal.
  • All new models, textures and materials - leather now actually looks and feels like leather!
  • All new particle fx, to make Fireballs hotter than ever!
  • All new facial and cutscene animation technology to bring even more life to our story sequences!
  • Widescreen support! A 4:3 TV is sooooo 2004, so you can enjoy Fable Anniversary with 16:9 beauty!
  • Also, not forgetting sound! All our audio has been fully remastered for surround sound!

Q: When is Fable Anniversary launching?

A: Fable Anniversary is launching on 4th February 2014 (US), 6th February 2014 (Asia) and 7th February 2014 in Europe.

Q: Will content from The Lost Chapters be included in Anniversary?

A: Absolutely - all of the content from The Lost Chapters will be included.

Q: Will there be new quests or content?

A: Our intention with Fable Anniversary was to re-capture the game that so many fell in love with and bring it up to date for a modern generation of console gamers. We think the story, quests and gameplay of the original game are what lead to it becoming a critically acclaimed title in 2004, and we've got no intention of changing or adding to that with Anniversary.

Q: What platforms will it be available on?

A: Fable Anniversary will be exclusive to Xbox 360

Q: How much will it cost?

A: The game will cost $39.99.

Q: Is this the only project you're working on?

A: Fable Anniversary is just one exciting project we're working on - be sure to watch our website, forums and Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channels to make sure you keep up to date with the latest from Lionhead.

Q: Are there any screenshots or videos showing off the game that I can see?

A: You'll find a whole host of screenshots and interesting content on our Facebook page!

Q: Will there be new achievements?

A: Yes indeed! We've got a brand new bunch of interesting achievements for you to try your hand at. Find out more about them here: Click

Q: Will Fable Anniversary be supporting Kinect or SmartGlass?

A: While it won’t support Kinect, Fable Anniversary will support SmartGlass!

Q: Will there be a strategy guide for the game?

A: Yes! Find out more about the official Game Guide here.

Q: Do you have any plans to create an Avatar collection for my Xbox 360 Avatar?

A: You 'betcha! Find out more here!

Q: Will there be a co-op gameplay mode?

A: As with the original Fable, there won't be any co-operative gameplay modes in Fable Anniversary

Q: Will the combat system be changed in any way?

A: Fans of the original Fable will be pleased to hear that no, the combat system will remain the same.

Q: Will I be able to play as a female character?

A: Players will only be able to play as a male character, as was the case in the original game.

Q: Will there be any small pieces of new content added at all? Maybe new easter eggs?

A: We don't have any plans to do so at the moment, but watch this space.

Q: Will all the voice acting stay the same as the original?

A: Absolutely - all of the voices you know and love will return.

Q: Will the HUD be updated?

A: The HUD will be upgraded graphically, and while it'll contain the same functionality, it'll be much nicer to use. There's a great blog on this subject here.

Q: Can you tell us what SmartGlass features will be available?!

A: We're showing off the following features at E3:

• Accessing the map
  • Viewing original Fable 1 comparison screenshots
  • Viewing Wiki information and trivia
  • Taking screenshots from the game via SmartGlass

Q:Will there be any future DLC?

A: We don't have any plans at the moment as we're focussed on bringing the best possible game to fans, but when the project is finished we'll look at the possibilities!

Q: Will there be the option to switch between HD and standard graphics?

A: We wanted to give fans the best opportunity to see how Fable looked in 2004 as a comparison to Anniversary, and this is through SmartGlass

Would you consider a Fable art book?

A: While we have no plans at this time, we'd absolutely love to bring an artbook to fans at some point in the future.

Q: Will pub games have their UI updated?!

A: The UI is being updated, but as for controls - you'll have to wait and see!

Q: Will you be making certain parts of the Audio less annoying? (eg, the Guild Master nagging me!)

A: Don't worry, you'll have the ability to turn off the Guildmaster's voice - also, as mentioned earlier in this FAQ the audio is being fully remastered.

Q: Will you be changing the way your character ages as you level up?

A: We won't be changing the ageing process, but who knows what the future might hold...

Q: Will I be able to get hold of the pre order packs after launch?
    A Yes indeed - we'll be making the packs available to buy at some point later in the year.

Q: Which retailers exactly are offering the pre order packs?
    A: Each retailer will be announcing their items as soon as they can, so be sure to keep an eye on them. This is also a great time to get involved with
    our forum community, as they’ll be the first to pick up on any such announcements.

Q: If I’ve already pre ordered from one of the selected retailers, do I need to do anything else?
    A: No! If you’ve placed your order and your retailer announced a pre order incentive, then you’ll be getting that item.

Q: How will I receive my bonus pre order content?
    A: It’ll depend on the retailer you’re purchasing from, but most should send you a code by email.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 2, 2014 11:46:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

• Hobbilis
    #2 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:28:45 PM(UTC)
    Hobbilis

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeks

Groups: Registered (Sparrow), Registered

Originally Posted by: Hohbes Go to Quoted Post

Are you kidding me? Do you know how many people are waiting for this to be released for PC as well?

You claim you "listen" to fans, then listen to this, and release it for PC damn it! Also, read what people are writing on your facebook page every once in a while.
    Instead of just being quiet.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:34:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HolyHand6renad3
    #3 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:35:39 PM(UTC)
    HolyHand6renad3

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksRaconteur: Awarded for creative writing excellence

I love it. I absolutely love it. This franchise means so much to me, and I love the direction Lionhead is going now with a new man leading them. I won't lie, I almost cried when I saw the announcement video, Fable is my all time favorite game. And I love even more that it will be released later this year. I love you Lionhead, keep up the good work, looking forward to more adventures.
    "I told you I could not be killed so easily, Hero!"
    -Jack of Blades
    Razann
    #4 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 6:32:29 PM(UTC)
    Razann

Okay, so I have to do this...

But will there finally be some real sandgooses?

Grin
    KattAnira
    #5 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 6:52:01 PM(UTC)
    KattAnira

Those pictures on Facebook looked really good! I can't wait!
    Fable 1,2 and 3, Elder Scrolls, Little Big Adventure and Monkey Island... Greatest games of all time!

Twitter: @KattAnira
    Anton Grejs
    #6 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 6:53:24 PM(UTC)
    Anton Grejs

It's a shame to see it only on 360. I was also hoping to see some additional content but I suppose that's alright.
    BlairJ007
    #7 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:46:20 PM(UTC)
    BlairJ007

Great information!

Will the voice overs/sound effects be updated or is the plan to use the originals?
    Bun7gie
    #8 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:34:45 PM(UTC)
    Bun7gie

Wish they could have added the option to be female, so my girlfriend could enjoy it that much more. Eyeroll

Hopefully this comes out before the Xbox One, I'd hate to be on my 360 when next-gen is released.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:36:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nerdy Ryuu
    #9 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:40:40 PM(UTC)
    Nerdy Ryuu

Awesome , I can't wait to play this. But yeah should of added option to be female. My GF might not wanna play this because of that. But she loved fable 2 and 3 so maybe.
    FRED THEMONkEY8
    #10 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 11:34:19 PM(UTC)
    FRED THEMONkEY8

Can't wait! This is one of my favorite childhood games!
    sweettartslover
    #11 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 11:45:35 PM(UTC)
    sweettartslover

It's wonderful that you listened to your fans enough to know how badly people wanted Fable TLC to be updated. You guys are great, I'm so excited! Especially since it's for the 360 and not the Xbox One.
    This is my Albion, and I will see it destroyed before I surrender it.
    Tereya
    #12 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 11:51:54 PM(UTC)
    Tereya

Yes to female hero
    jasminemerald
    #13 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 12:00:26 AM(UTC)
    jasminemerald

Originally Posted by: Bun7gie Go to Quoted Post
    Wish they could have added the option to be female, so my girlfriend could enjoy it that much more.

I agree. i loved the games, all of them.
    The only thing that let down Fable was that you had to be a guy.
    I get that that's the way the story goes... but the option would be nice...

Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaeris
    MrMatthewAllen
    #14 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 12:24:13 AM(UTC)
    MrMatthewAllen

Sparrow: Awarded to those registered in the first 2 weeksHero: Awarded for being a Fable Community Hero!

Groups: Oracle, Registered (Sparrow), Registered

Originally Posted by: Razann Go to Quoted Post
    Okay, so I have to do this...

But will there finally be some real sandgooses?

Grin

Heh, I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up. Maybe Lionhead will finally include the mystical sandgoose, maybe they won't. Sneaky sneaky!

Edited by user Wednesday, June 5, 2013 12:28:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

yume no tsubasa
    #15 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 1:21:27 AM(UTC)
    yume no tsubasa

the new graphs looks really good. this is my fav game of all times
    RAWDAWGUS
    #16 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 1:31:16 AM(UTC)
    RAWDAWGUS

This is great news and I'm definitely in.
    jadis232
    #17 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:58:36 AM(UTC)
    jadis232

Very exciting news! Can't wait to finally blast some hobbes with HD fireballs! :P
    Darkfreack
    #18 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:50:17 AM(UTC)
    Darkfreack

Originally Posted by: Hobbilis Go to Quoted Post

Are you kidding me? Do you know how many people are waiting for this to be released for PC as well?

You claim you "listen" to fans, then listen to this, and release it for PC damn it! Also, read what people are writing on your facebook page every once in a while.

You do realize that it being a 360 Exclusive isn't their decision right. What is released to PC is fully up to Microsoft game studios and they aren't looking into supporting PC ports for any games at this moment. They do listen but it but they can't do a thing when it is beyond their control.

Do some research before you mouth off. It's not their fault, they are doing their best.
    XKSR95
    #19 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:01:41 AM(UTC)
    XKSR95

Originally Posted by: Darkfreack Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: Hobbilis Go to Quoted Post

You do realize that it being a 360 Exclusive isn't their decision right. What is released to PC is fully up to Microsoft game studios and they aren't looking into supporting PC ports for any games at this moment. They do listen but it but they can't do a thing when it is beyond their control.

Do some research before you mouth off. It's not their fault, they are doing their best.

I think what he's getting at is the fact that it's not only a bad business decision (not everyone owns an Xbox), but it also doesn't make sense as the original Fable & TLC were available on PC.
    Come now, it isn't polite to leave without saying goodbye. -Jack of Blades
    Jack Pipsam
    #20 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 9:50:39 AM(UTC)
    Jack Pipsam

This is great news.

I hope it's on the same scale has Halo Anniversary was.

PS. PC users stop your whining.